Thursday, November 01, 2007

Football Making Me Crazy

It has been awhile since I have blogged. There are at least dozen things I would like to write about, but with my new job going well and keeping me busy, I just haven't had the time. Given how things were going for me work-wise the past few years, I will take being busy and not having time to write over being miserable and having scads of time to air out my thoughts.

Looking back through my past posts, I am very happy that I did not post my NFL preview blog this year. I enjoy writing it every year but this year I'd have been wrong a lot more than usual. Anyone who knows me at all also knows I am a fairly knowledgable football fan. I am usually a contender in my fantasy leagues and I tend to fare well in the pools I participate in. Not so much this year.

I am in three money fantasy leagues and my teams are a combined 10-14. I am two games under .500 in the point spread pool (all games must be picked against the Thursday point spread) and five games out of first place. I normally have a handle on what to expect in the NFL from week to week, but in the first half of this season up is down, down is up, black is white and nothing seems to be happening the way it is supposed to.I usually invest five to seven hundred dollars in my football-related pursuits each season. This is a far cry from my football betting days when I would win $3100.00 one week then turn around and lose $1800.00 the next. Even though I am not investing a ton of money on these hobbies, I still hate losing. I was particularly motivated to win one fantasy league I am in after a laundry list of horrible rules were introduced. However, I sit angry and humbled at 3-5 after eight weeks.

Ah well, you can't win them all.

[Currently Listening: Madness - "Israelites"]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home