Friday, October 20, 2006

Need the Weekend To Start Already

Work is totally nuts again. Not that it ever really stays calm around here for long. I've been roped into the middle of yet another power struggle and I am tired of it. I seriously need to start looking at other options that might be out there for me.

I have a little less than two hours to survive until the end the work week. The weekend should be pretty nice. Going out for dinner tonight, and most likely tomorrow night. I am eager to see what kind of feedback, if any, I get to my first article for Instrumental Analysis. IA is a music site started by one of my best friends from college (Mike L.) and his very good friend Joe who used to throw some back with us on the weekends up at U.C. They approached me about doing a weekly Op Ed article for the site, and today was my debut. The topic should generate some response ("Why I Loathe Country Music"), and I am eager to see what people think.

I may try to and go see "The Departed" this weekend. Not sure if it's Kim's cup of tea though. The reviews are mostly positive but most of them warn that it is not a movie for the faint of heart. Sounds like my type of flick for sure.

I had a total lost football weekend last week. The Eagles lost (not unexpectedly) to the Saints. I had my second straight sub-.500 week in the spread pool (6-7-1), I was eliminated from the suicide pool, and I lost all three of my fantasy games. Nowhere to go but up, right? My football weekend was the equivalent of a bad country song (wife leaves, dog dies, car breaks, etc.). This week doesn't feel like its going to be much better. We're at the fantasy halfway point. Make or break time.

I have to again voice my complete appreciation for MySpace. I have been lucky to track down some old friends that I have truly missed and who I might not have heard from ever again if not for the site.

Well, that's my stream-of-consciousness no-agenda post for the day. Happy weekend, everyone.

[Currently Listening: 3rd Bass - "Product of the Environment"]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home