Wednesday, August 02, 2006

One Busy Grizzly

It always seems that the work week leading up to a vacation is always crazy. I am in the middle of one of these weeks. I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row in order to minimize the damage my co-workers will do to my routine in my absence, while the monthly billing is due for my night job as well. Prior to last night, the Man Zachary was having a rough time getting to sleep at night due to some intense teething - which led to me staying up with him until close to 2am on Monday night. All of this is leading to one pooped-out camper in yours truly. There is light at the end of the tunnel though, as me and the fam will be leaving early Saturday morning for Bill's place in O.C. NJ - my first real vacation in a few years, and our first with the baby. He has loved the beach the first two times we have taken him, and my goal is to avoid him taking any more wave facials on my watch. I am such a bad Dad.

I took one of those 18-question multiple-choice quizzes entitled "What animal best suits your personality". These quizzes are usually cute and they are a great time-killer. Why I took this quiz when I am as busy as I previously stated I have no idea. I am a slacker. I filled out the quiz and got the following result:

What animal would best suit your personality?

A GRIZZLY BEAR.


You are the Grizzly. A strong, but good willed person who is in touch with both people and your surroundings. You like the social life, but you also like quiet moments alone simply relaxing and doing nothing. You have an inner temper, which when lashed out upon any unsuspecting victim - can be scary.


Did I mention that this was a simple 18-question multiple-choice internet quiz? Combine this quiz result with the lyrics to the great Social Distortion song "I Was Wrong", and you have me in a nutshell. I thought I was deeper than that, but hey, if the shoe fits...

Wife committed me to dinner last night at Victory in Downingtown which left me feeling bloated and unattractive. Great appetizers, great beer and so-so kinda blah sandwiches. I hadn't had anything resembling a heavy or dark beer in quite some time, and while they were good they hit me like a brick. I needed a break from the end-of-month night job paperwork, so the outing was most welcome. It pushed a lot of the workload to yet another night but it is a sacrifice I was willing to make. Vince miss beer. Beer good.

[Currently Listening: Dance Hall Crashers - "Sticky"]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home