Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Truly Inspirational

My week has started off fairly decently. Better than my weekend anyway. The weekend wasn't bad, it was just spectacularly boring. Thanks to everyone who has shared their stories about their experiences with baby-dropping and the well-wishes for success on the gaming front. I still can't believe how common it is for people to drop their kids. But, as I said before, it explains a lot. Some good news, I haven't had any more near-misses with The Man Zachary. The bad news, I still got killed in Halo on Friday night. Oh well. Can't win them all... I was all kinds of psyched for the Hopkins fight Saturday night, and then as the day wore on I started feeling kind of draggy. Not in the dress-like-a-woman sense, but in the finding-it-tough-to-get-moving sense. The fight was slated to start around 11pm EST. Kim went out with a friend and left the baby at her Mom's, so I had some nice alone-time at the house. I was flipping back and forth between the Flyers and Sixers losses and I actually fell asleep on the couch. Bill, Jess and Alexander had to knock on my door three separate times to wake me up. Oh yeah, exciting times at Casa De Blando. We ordered the fight on PPV and something must have gotten into the water of all of the Philly teams and athletes over the weekend. The fight was one of the most boring I have ever seen, much less pay almost $60.00 to watch. Neither fighter did enough to win the fight, and I almost fell asleep again during the match. Hopkins lost what was supposed to be a controversial decision. But the truth is he didn't do enough to win the fight. However, if the Champion should be awarded the decision in these types of fights, then by that standard he should have never lost his belts in the first match with Taylor. I like boxing, but it gives me a headache sometimes.

Sunday was an interesting day. Kim made an appointment for us to take Zachary to Picture People to get some Christmas pictures taken. I truly expected the worst. First of all, any mall on the weekend at this time of year tends to be a crazy outting. Secondly, I had no idea how The Kid was going to handle the photo session. Truth be told, the baby did okay, and the mall was actually not anus crevices-to-elbows crowded. The only drawback to the trip was the photo place botching some of the pictures, and our having to wait forever to pick up the photos. While I was reaching my boiling point a few times, the baby stayed calm and that is always a blessing that makes things better.


I also got to spend some time with my good buddy Rob Y. on Sunday. Zach hung out with him for awhile and seemed to take a liking to him. You never know how a baby will react to a new face, but Zach was loving life. Ended up winning both of my fantasy games this weekend, which helps offset some of my disappointment over my showing in the spread pool this year. I have been brutal. I am only four games over .500, and 7 games out of the money with four weeks left. I can make up seven games, but I need to start doing my homework again.

Work still tends to be hot-and-cold, but yesterday the boss alluded to me getting some new responsibilities around the office, so that will be good. Last week he also alluded to something about an end-of-year bonus. Now, if he takes care of me, that would be right on time. I think some of my mood over the weekend was my being bummed that I can't do everything I want to for the holidays this year. I knew that having a baby would make for a new financial climate for the household, but I didn't know just how much. Everyone says it works itself out. Guess we'll see.
Thanks to the man with no fantasy luck whatsoever this season, Derek W. for forwarding the following link. After last night's Eagles debacle topped of a most drudgerous weekend, I was in need of some inspiration. If this video doesn't get you fired up in true fighting Philly fashion (even though it looks to have been shot in England), then you aren't alive!

http://theteatime.free.fr/talc/rocky.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home